Sunday, October 19, 2014

Changing It Up

Hi Everyone! I wanted to share a new card that I have created but I did something different than my standard die cutting. For some time I have wanted to challenge myself with coloring stamped images. So I took a deep breath and jumped in....now I am hooked. For this card I used the cutest stamp "Fairy Girl" by Pure Innocence. To start this process I chose to use colored pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits (Mona Lisa brand). I have watched several videos on this technique and I must say I love how it turned out.



 
The card is a standard A2 size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"); I used a kraft cardstock. I cut dark purple cardstock for the base (same color as sentiment paper) which measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". The diagonal striped paper measures 4" x 5 1/8" and the lime green square measures 4" x 4"; both of these papers came from the 6 x 6 paper pack Sunshowers by Heidi Grace. The sentiment is included in the stamp set and I used heat embossing with white detail embossing powder.


I used scallop circle dies by Spellbinders for this layered effect. I used Ranger Archival Ink in Black to stamp the image. And Viva Glitter Line in Holo Iridescent help add some sparkle to this cute little fairy girl and her wand. I used Glossy Accents on the hearts and her shoes. I used a combination of Prismacolor Pencils (they will have the PC number) and standard color pencils - I will list the colors I used below.
 
 

 
So if this a medium you would like to work with go for it. I found it to be easier than I expected. I look forward to sharing more creations with you.
 
 
Skin: Salmon, Blush Pink PC928, Light Umber PC941
 
Hair: Burnt Ochre PC943, Tuscan Red PC937, Dark Brown PC946
 
Dress: Violet PC932, Light Violet
 
Wings: Light Blue, Ocean Blue
 
Shoes: Black, Gray
 
Wand: Canary Yellow PC916
 
Mushroom: Yellow Orange, Burnt Brown, Dark Brown
 
Grass: Grass Green PC909
 
I used blending stumps and Mona Lisa 100% Odorless Mineral Spirits for blending.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment