Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cricut Design Space: Patriotic Flag

Hello Crafters,

I wanted to share a flag that I created in Cricut Design Space. I created this flag for the Aldina Rose Designs Facebook Inspiration Team click HERE to see all the incredible projects. I share the cut file at the end of this post. All design elements in this project are included in the Cricut Design Space subscription.


 


The flag measures 11 x 7. I used mine as a table decoration but you can easily attach some ribbon and hang it on your wall or door.
 
Here are some photos showing pre-assembly. I used chipboard for the backing; you could use poster board as well. All the papers are from Michaels Recollections brand. The blue is a foil paper and the white is a shimmer paper. These details will show up in the close up photos.
 
 
 
 

To adhere the stars to the coordinating stripes, I used my ATG gun to apply adhesive to the stripe. I used a layering effect. You could put these in any order and I think the effect would be great. I was going for a very textured look.
 
 
I applied Stickles Christmas Red to the red stars and Recollections brand glitter glue in Glitz to the white.


 

As a final layer to the red stars I applied this glitter glaze from My Favorite Things all over.


Next I assembled the rosette that would be the center of the blue foil paper square.


At first I could not figure out what these little slits were for. They are to help you align the rosette correctly. Learn something new all the time.




I used foam dimensional squares to give this rosette some depth. I think it is my favorite part of the flag.


Again, here is the final project. 
 

I would love to hear your comments. Also, I would love for you to become a follower of my blog and you can subscribe...just go to the top left of this post. I have lots of creative ideas that I am anxious to share with you. I will give you a hint...I am working on a card right now that includes 3 popular techniques...it is a super fun card and I will share the Cricut Design Space file with my subscribers once completed. Happy Crafting my friends!
 
Click https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/28877690 for the Cricut Design Space file.

 

4 comments:

  1. this is just fantastic. love all the layers and details with the stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to create a lot of texture. Thank you again for visiting. I hope to see you back. Kimberly

      Delete
  2. i am one of your followers! Love this project, so unique. Love that medallion but didn't have a way to use it.

    maureen
    moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen. I think this medallion would be fun as a print then cut in Design Space and use as an iron-on for a boys t-shirt. Or make them big like a shield...fun for little ones. Thank you so much for following. I visited your blog...very nice and now I am a followers of yours. I am slow at blogging right now due to home remodel but I would like to feature your blog on mine if that is ok. Kimberly

      Delete