Sunday, April 19, 2015

Simple and Easy Cards #1

Hello Crafters,

I have been away for awhile due to changing jobs and going through extensive training for the last few months. But now I am finally making my way back to the craft room...Yea! I wanted to share some simple and easy cards I created recently. I love my Cricut die cutting machine but I am falling in love with fussy cutting. This is challenging to me so I have been practicing. Also, I am trying to come up with ideas to create simple and easy cards from simple supplies. And I want to share these ideas with you on this blog and on YouTube. So, I will be starting a series on these types of cards.

I am also excited to see my subscribers increasing. So when I reach 100 subscribers on my blog, and on YouTube I will be having.....Yes....a GIVEAWAY!!! So, share with your friends and fellow crafters.

Enough chatter - on with the cards.

This first card is a simple Hello card with a few elements that I fussy cut from a scrapbook paper. I used kraft cardstock for the base and rounded the corners. And the stamp 'hello' is from Heidi Swapp (a Heidi Swapp stamp set will be in a giveaway, see above).



 
 
In the up close photo you can see some glimmer...my new love: Wink of Stella. And I used Glossy Accents over the Wink of Stella. I love this technique.



 This next card is a sympathy card. This image is from scrapbook paper and I added a stamped sentiment. Also, the gems give it some dimension.



To bring the bird and dragonfly off the page I used Wink of Stella. It drastically changed the look of this card.



Thank you for stopping by. If you have any questions please ask. As I said I will be starting a Simple and Easy Card series here and will have videos to show the details. Be sure to subscribe to my blog to the left and you will be notified when cards, instructions, tips/tricks, and videos are posted.

 

Happy Crafting my Friend!

Kimber

2 comments:

  1. Love these! Thank you for this tip. I love the idea of using scrapbook paper to make a quick and simple card. B

    ReplyDelete